Problem Solving WorkshopEast Coast Leather
CLASS TIME: 9:30am - 2:30pm Saturday 19 August 2023
Are you struggling with a new project?
Do you require help and have no idea where to start?
Do you have unfinished projects and need help?
Do you have a wallet/purse liner and need help with assembly?
The workshop can cover a variety of options, ie: carving, creative tooling, setting hardware, lacing techniques, how to start, join your lace and finish a double cordovan or whipstitch laced edge, do you know how to set your laced edge.
- Setting hardware…. rivets, snaps, pouch studs, chicago screws, handbag clasps.
- Hand stitching…how to sew, join in threads and finish.
- Edge finishing, use of different products to perfect a slick edge
- How to use edging paints.
- Construction, assembling a project
- Measure for a Journal cover
- How to skive light weight leather for a turned edge, for hand stitching.
- Is you swivel knife sharp?
- Note: machine stitching and plaiting is not covered for this event.\
You will need to bring your own tools, equipment, project, lace, thread etc.
It will help if you could please email firstname.lastname@example.org and give a brief description, of what you need help with, so that I have my tools and equipment.
Bring you own lunch, tea, coffee and light snacks provided.